Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 142 March 26 2014: Memory day

I know people that I lost because of a war.
A war we grew up in as children.
A war we fought and died in as teenagers.
A war we survived and deal with as adults.
A war we drink to forget and blow our fucking brains out to escape as middle aged men.
A war we wish we could forget but wish we could remember the faces of our friends as old bastards.

I guess in any war there are heroes on both sides.
I just wish I didn't know as many.

I guess those who never served will never understand.
Those who never went will wish they did.
Those who were there will wish they never saw what they did.

I think a casket is harder to bury when the parents of the deceased are present for the funeral.

It's that day of the year we are supposed to stop and thank dead people.
I know it's not meant to be like that but for me and a lot of people I know...it is.
Today is a day where people get a three day weekend and they show some fake patriotism, wave a flag, get drunk and talk about how great america is(or how great it used to be) and how much they love freedom when they haven't done a goddamn thing for it, while I'm over here ordering beers for someone who can't can't drink it, writing a letter to someone who will never read it, and just talking to myself because the person I wanna talk to can't hear me.

Some of my best friends are the ones I can't talk to anymore.

Memorial day reminds me that your heart can get broken for different people over the same reason and no matter how many times it breaks, it hurts more than the last one.

Human shields are remembered
once a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment