Translate

Saturday, August 28, 2021

My friend Anhedonia

I need you to imagine a park, with open fields and some maple trees, the leaves are changing, the wind is blowing and a dog fetching a ball somewhere in the distance.
Now place Jon on a park bench and move him into view slowly and you hear the mumbling of him talking to himself, let us begin...

 Jon: ...It doesn't make sense. Why do I feel numb? not physically but emotionally, I don't feel anything anymore. It's like I lost that spark that...

A large grey blob falls out of Jon's ear and onto the park bench next to him

Anhedonia: Hey buddy! Long time no see how have you been?
J: Oh fuck.
A: That good huh? Well I just thought I'd pop out of the mush that you call a brain and say hi outside
J: Can other people see you? Or am I just crazy
A: Whoa Whoa Whoa! You are not crazy, *maybe a little* but no, no one else can see or feel me.
J: I cant feel but I feel you, why don't you go away for good this time?
A: My friend I...
J: Don't.
A: Don't what?
J: Don't call me your friend.
A: But what shall I call you?
J: Your victim would be more appropriate, I feel caged by you.
A: Oh poor baby, 'Look at me I'm Jon and I can't feel things emotionally! wah wah wah' You fucking pussy. Get over it right? move on bitch.
J: I hate you, I hate you so much
A: SEE! You feel something! I'm not that bad
J: I really fucking hate you
A: I'm here for the long haul bud, back in the mush I go, don't forget, I'm most likely permanent!
J: Goddammit...

Our scene ends with the blob crawling back into the ear from where it emerged and Jon walking off emotionless, the dog once catching a ball is now shitting in the pathway home.


The art of John Scott is both beautiful and haunting, I highly recommend checking out his pieces.
JohnScottGFX


No comments:

Post a Comment