Translate

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 59 January 1 2014: Don't forget to breath

There's a decadence on the distance that you've placed between us,
A loving lonely longing between each breath.
As I watch your chest rise with each intake and fall with each exhale,
I remember the words that used to expel from those beautiful lips.

As they parted when we departed and those words fell from your face,
I hide mine in my sweater, hoping to forget her.
Tears never brought much grace.

Just don't forget to breath, after you've forgotten me.
Because after all, you told me I was your air.
You couldn't breath without me, you couldn't be without we.
But you left, does that seem fair?

"I love you" stings most when spoken from a mouth you no longer kiss,
and a heart breaks fastest from one that you no longer miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment