Translate

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 79 January 21 2014: Lessons from my brother

You'll never read this, you'll never know I wrote this. I could read it to you, but you would just interrupt me and tell me some story that you start laughing half way through.
You taught me to laugh whenever possible.

You were born too small, too sick, too damaged to make it, and yet, you've made it.
You taught me that I can make it.

"He'll never walk."
"He'll never talk."
"He won't live passed three...if he's lucky."

I remember when you broke my wrist, clapping in church and praising Jesus.
I remember helping you brush your teeth, telling you that plaque is bad.
I remember putting on your velcro shoes, laces are something you haven't mastered, yet.
You taught me that its okay to ask for help and to stand back when you're clapping.

I wish I could be as happy as you are(most days), you have an infectious smile, a laugh that spreads through a room, and you always tell people how much you love them.
You taught me that life isn't as hard as we make it out to be.

More people should be like you.
More people should laugh like you.
More people should love like you.
More people should know you.

You have never said that you've "hated" something, the word hate I don't think has ever left your lips.
You taught me not to hate.

"I just called to say I love you, I just called to say how much I care." - Made famous by Stevie Wonder, made memorable by Benjamin Randel.
Ben working on some art.

No comments:

Post a Comment