Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 89 January 31 2014: Falling stars

11:11 is when I make my wishes, they say thats the perfect time
I toss them up to the sky hoping they break through the atmosphere and hit the outer regions of our solar system
I like to think they bounce off the planets, ricochet off of asteroids, deflect from comets and get into interstellar space
I send them up everyday, they are like an atheists prayer, both are useless but they make you feel better
I've been sending my wishes up to the stars for as long as I can remember, actually for as long as I've known you
I think I'm gonna stop doing it soon, I think my wishes are hitting the stars and its starting to show
I think every time my wish makes it to a star, it falls in love with you
I'll say "I used to wish on the stars, but I see they have all fallen for you."
It will be my fault when the sky turns black

You can blame me for every meteor shower you'll ever see.


David Kingham captured some of the stars I've cursed with my love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment