Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 95 February 6 2014: Hurricane

Theres a storm outside raging and this bed lays cold on one side while I lay cold on the other,
I hear rain pelt against the steel siding and it echoes across the room that used to be filled with moans,
These sheets are stained with love and memories and now they lay filled with regret,
I fill the holes in my heart with whiskey and you fill your holes with other men.

I can't see the sun through the storm clouds outside my window pane,
I see grey skies rolling through for the whole forecast.

I still see the song notes hanging in the air from when you used to sing,
I can still see all of the lies you threw up on my floor that still lay in a pile of a vomitous mess,
Your smell lingers on all my pillow cases and it makes me nauseous,
My goosebumps are still present from the last touch of your skin on mine.

I'll lay in our mess alone while you're making a new one for someone else,
I'd try to warn them, but they wouldn't believe me,
I didn't believe the last guy either.

You are a walking hurricane, a frightful mess that everyone watches, a beautiful curse, and a death sentence for the ones that can't get out of your path.

I'm almost to the eye of this storm, I'll ride it out as long as I can but I know this will be the end of me.

Sometimes eyes can be deceiving

No comments:

Post a Comment