Translate

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 133 March 17 2014: Two glasses

I heard an explosion pop just up the road.
I was falling back into nightmares, don't let me fall back into that.
I have scars that trap those fears in my skin and I drink to keep them held within myself.
I'm back to soft skin and warm touches, smooth hair, sweet scents keeping me stateside and keeping me calm.
How I longed for this more than you'll ever know.

I'm leaving the rest behind, something I don't bring up, something I can't forget but don't talk about, something that is in my past but wants to be forgotten.

You are why I wanted to come home, they are why I needed to stay.

How hard it is to forget the worst times with your best friends, how hard it is to forget something so awful with friends so grand.

I'll spend forever in this paradigm, trapped in the in between.

The in between is where I lost myself, I guess it's where you found me too.

The worst part is I fill two glasses but only one gets drank.

I pour two glasses and I wish I didn't have to drink both.
I'll always miss you bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment