Can you hear the choppers coming? Can you hear them overhead? They’ve come to collect the wounded, they’ve come to collect the dead.
Can you hear the choppers coming? Can you hear them overhead? They’ve come to collect your buddies, they’ve come to collect your friends.
They say we’ve saved the people. They say we’ve saved the day. Can you hear the mothers crying? Do they know we’ve gone away?
Do you hear the bullets flying? Do you hear the fighters cry? They’ve come to end our journey. They’ve come to make us die.
I heard the children weeping. I’ve heard their mothers wail. Do they know I killed their father? Do they hope I failed?
I saw his head explode. I saw his face disappear. I’ll feel like that’s my fate. I feel the end is near.
Can you hear the choppers coming? Can you hear them overhead? They’ve come to collect the wounded, they’ve come to collect the dead.
Can you hear the choppers coming? Can you hear them overhead? They’ve come to collect your buddies, they’ve come to collect your friends.
Can you hear the choppers coming? Can you hear them overhead? They’ve come to collect your buddies, they’ve come to collect your friends.

Strange the way people don't know what to say so they say nothing. Only a man who's eyes have seen what you've seen could write such detailed sadness.
ReplyDelete