Translate

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 96: My empty garden

I can't touch the scars you have brother, they are hidden so no one sees them,
I can't see the pain you're covering up, you try to hide it but it's breaking through man.
I hate watching you self destruct, it's like watching someone drown themselves.
You aren't weak when you ask for help.

I wish you would've opened up more, I wish I would've listened to you,
You should've asked me for help, you should've said something.
There's a plot of ground I hate going to see, there is a piece of stone I can't stand looking at.
I've never found cemeteries inviting.

I don't know what was going on in your head, I just wish I was able to solve your problems,
They seemed to be piling up on you, and you looked crushed by them.
Depression is a silent killer to everyone else, but it was so loud to you.
I'm sorry your mind was screaming at you and you just stayed silent.

I feel like I'm missing the biggest piece to the puzzle of my life now, rest easy brother,
I'm glad you are no longer in pain, I just wish I knew that you were hurting.

My garden of friends is missing the brightest flower

No comments:

Post a Comment