Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 70 January 12 2014: Sound sleeper

Insistant insomnia plagues my nights, one idea versus the other in constant fights
Laying alone wrapped up for heat, cold air and warm skin will never meet
Fluffed up pillows to rest my head, the best place to find comfort is a bed
Stay awake too often wondering if i'm insane, I need to find the off switch for my brain
It runs faster than Usain Bolt, irrational thoughts give it the jolt
Electric currents wrapped around my synapses, with current thoughts of "Whats going to happen?"
I try to dream and paint with my imagination, I make a landscape of a far off destination
Staying in bed is how I spend my day, hoping that the waking world would just go away


I can't chase my thoughts anymore, they run faster than it seems
I'll sleep more soundly on a bed, built with someone else's dreams.


Insomnia talks to me like a woman as it says,"I can't sleep with you."
Insomnia is so last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment