When you left, I felt it, I could just tell it, I melted.
I promised you I'd be there, but you died, I guess I lied, I gave you my word but I failed it.
"Best friends" above the rest, I felt it in my chest, that EGA was our crest.
You gave up more than I did with two to the chest.
Sand was our hell, you fell, and now I tell, the words you said best.
Bullets build friendships and they end them too, The friendship I built was the best, between me and you.
"I'll meet you over there."
A plane took you away but it was really a gun that did it, I was state side and felt nothing, well maybe just shit.
Your mom told me "thank you" but I wasn't there, I drank myself crazy, said it wasn't fair.
When the facts set in, it was more than I could bear, "Why would God do this?"
Thats when I knew he wasn't there.
"I've played in sandboxes before."
You were waiting for me to show, and I never came, would things have turned out the same?
Now theres a stone that bears your name, and I bear that shame.
A fire snuffed out, a hidden flame, another body a war could claim,
Maybe if I was there to set aim, but I feel like I'm the one to blame.
"We'll party hard when I get back."
You should've come back.
I should've been there.
![]() |
| Some of my best friends are the ones I can't talk to anymore. |

No comments:
Post a Comment