More pictures of us, together.
More captured memories of a time I've forgotten,
Often tear drenched moments,
Some sun filled exposures,
Many smiles to light my dreams.
Pictures didn't do you justice and my memories are doing you wrong.
I wish I had more pictures of you.
More pictures of us, together.
Each picture has faded,
More memory has dulled,
Every time I try to remember,
I find the negative exposures more often.
I wanna see the good, but bringing things to light destroys your image.
I wish I had more pictures of you.
More pictures of us, together.
I never got the right lens,
I always shut my eyes,
Making goofy faces,
While you always smiled.
At least thats how I remember it, but the pictures wouldn't lie.
I wish I had more pictures of you.
More pictures of us, together.
I was to foolish to snap a shot,
To dumb to relish the time together,
If I just put down the camera,
And grabbed the moment to hold it.
The faulty camera in my mind holds my old film, and you're the star.
Now I'm left with a shoebox of unexposed memories,
I'm afraid to see what I've left hidden,
I keep those pushed under the bed of my mind,
Its where my monsters live, and I'm too scared to look at them.
I just wish I had more pictures of you.
More pictures of us.
Together.
![]() |
| Blurred faces hold broken memories. Image: Amalia Bussard scratches a negative then paints it with ink to give it this look. |

No comments:
Post a Comment