I kept fumbling over my words at dinner because I wanted to impress you so bad and you were so sweet about it, I couldn't formulate a sentence worth any value and you kept saying the right things.
It rained that night and we got stuck under the awning of that terrible Mexican restaurant and spent the storm just talking and getting to know each other, that was when I fell in love with you. We were just kids back then.
You remember when Whitney was born and when we brought her home we didn't know what we were doing? That first diaper rash and the first flu, that first broken bone and her first broken heart, I didn't know how to help her and you knew just how to tell her what she needed, you always were better at those things than me.
You remember when she graduated high school and how proud we were? Watching our baby walk across the stage in her gown, you cried and I was right there by your side, catching and drying the tears of a proud mother.
Whitney has grown so much in these last few years, she looks so much like you its almost unbearable. She has met a nice man, you'd like Tom, he's really good to our baby and he treats her perfect and he is able to provide for her. You should see the way her eyes light up, like yours did when you looked in mine, that's how I know they are gonna last babe. I'll always remember the beauty that your eyes held when they looked into mine.
You remember when you got sick? You remember how I was so scared because I couldn't help you and you helped me learn to be strong? I remember watching your body wither away but that spirit that I've always loved about you just grew brighter and when you lost the weight and you lost your hair, you kept fighting and you didn't break. You never looked more beautiful to me. I stayed up at night wondering what I could do and you let know that everything would be okay.
I remember when I lost you, it was the coldest summer day I have ever known, I should've been at the hospital, I should've taken the day off work, I should've just been there. I remember how mad I got at you, I was so hurt that you had to go, I cursed God for doing this to us. I've learned that it was better this way, to have you with me for what little precious time I did was a blessing. You are my shooting star and I'm just glad I got to see you if only but for a moment. I would have rather lost you than to have never known you at all.
I've dragged this on a little too long and I know it's just for me, but I miss you everyday and I wish I could let you know that, the way you kept me solid when I was so confused and you helped keep me sane when I was ready to give up, I'll never forget you dear and you'll always be the other half of my heart.
You will forever be my one and only.
P.s. I love you from here to eternity.
![]() |
| Love never dies if two people share it. |

No comments:
Post a Comment