I remember my life before you and how I used to sleep alone in a bed filled with one drunken asshole. I used to say "You can't find happiness at the bottom of a bottle, because when you get there it's empty and that's just sad."
That always made me laugh.
That always made me laugh.
I remember yelling at people that were happier than me, telling them "To get a room!" and "Know it's never gonna last!" Fuck was I ever an asshole.
I don't know why you love me.
I don't know why you love me.
I remember when I used to just let the light flicker over me and how I sat there in my underwear looking at all the strewn beer cans and empty bottles, just thinking about how I was a mistake.
I remember you, the breath of an angel inflating my lungs, the sun in a sky that had only known darkness, a fire on the coldest of nights.
You saved me from something I never want to face.
Some people say that I should forget those times but I want to remember them. It lets me know how good you are to me.
You saved me and you didn't have to do anything but smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment